The 11th Annual GEMALaw Sports & Entertainment Law Symposium
Friday, February 9, 2018 | Georgetown Law | Hart Auditorium | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Questions? Contact Mahin Aminian (email@example.com) & Rachael Connelly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GEMALaw’s signature event is the GEMALaw Sports & Entertainment Law Symposium. Started in conjunction with the launch of GEMALaw, the GEMALaw Symposium is a full day event featuring various panels addressing hot button issues in the sports, entertainment and media industries. The Symposium also provides students an opportunity to interact with prominent Georgetown alumni in the media, sports and entertainment industries, while also allowing alumni to network with each other. During the Symposium, GEMALaw presents a distinguished alumnus with the GEMALaw Alumni Achievement Award.
* * * *
Opening Remarks, Mahin Aminian & Rachael Connelly, GEMALaw Co-Presidents
Trending Topics in Untraditional Mediums (Live Events, Theater & Reality TV)
Moderator: Jeffrey D. Schneider, EVP, Business & Legal Affairs, National Geographic Partners
- Joseph Anderson (L’09), Attorney, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Julie Angell (L’06), Associate, Franklin, Weinrib, Rudell & Vassallo, P.C.
- Paul Mecurio (L’85), Comedian, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Bo Pearl (L’98), Managing Partner, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Danielle Schiffman (L’11), Director of Business & Legal Affairs, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Amaryllis Seabrooks, Business Affairs Executive, William Morris Endeavor
How New Media and Evolving Audience Demands Affect Sports Law
Moderator: Brad Snyder, Georgetown University Law Center
- Jonathan Amoona (L’09), Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Tim Browne (L’01), Counsel, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
- Zach Leonsis (MBA’15), Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Monumental Sports & Entertainment
- Riana Positano (L’11), Senior Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs, The Madison Square Garden Company
- Aaron Swerdlow (L’11), Of Counsel, Gerard Fox Law, P.C.
- Peter Zern (L’98), Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
Presentation of the Alumni Achievement Award to Raquel Braun (L’10)
Senior Director, Business & Legal Affairs, FOX Sports and Founder, GEMALaw
The New Age of Copyright & Clearances
Moderator: Jay Rosenthal (LL.M ’89), Partner, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
- Erich Carey, VP & Senior Counsel, National Music Publishers Association
- Hans Hertell (L’09), Special Counsel, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Richard Stone, Partner, Co-Chair of Content, Media & Entertainment, Jenner & Block
- Regina Thomas (L’99), Global Lead, Copyright & Media Law, AOL + Yahoo = Oath, Inc.
- Aaron Wais (L’01), Partner, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
*Additional Speakers Pending
CLE Credit Available
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made by February 7, 2018 to Mahin Aminian and Rachael Connelly via email or by contacting (559) 970-4498 or (310) 430-2750.